Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"Goodbye" is a sad word... Let's say, "See you later!"

As you may have already heard from your child, there are four children from 1JK leaving TAISM this summer. Pelle Molin and his family will be returning home to Sweden. Alexandra Gilreath and her family will be relocating in Jordan. Yaseen Shindy and his family will be returning home to Egypt. Connor Hemphill and his family will be returning back home to the United States. Even though it is always hard to say "goodbyes" to our friends and family, I am sure every single one of them has captured many happy moments and created mental movies in their minds. We wish the Molin's, the Gilreath's, the Shindy's and the Hemphills all the best in their new "destination", and hope that they will be settling quickly and comfortably in their new homes.

Thank you Sara (Pelle's mom), for putting together a little "memory book" for the families who are leaving. I am sure Pelle, Alex, Yaseen and Connor will have fun reading it. It is such a wonderful and meaningful gift. Thanks again, Sara.

I, myself, am also leaving TAISM in mid-June. I have spent 2 wonderful years here in Oman and I will forever treasure the memories I have here, especially at TAISM. I will be returning home in Canada first, and then off to New York City to begin my graduate studies in the fall. It has been my pleasure to be your child's teacher this year. I am lucky to have this group of children this year and I have enjoyed teaching them. You have no idea how much fun it has been for me to keep a class blog this year, documenting the many achievements, success, and celebrations we've had! With the help of technology, the world is actually getting smaller. I am sure all of us will be easily in-touch, with only be an email or Skype call away!

Sorry to stir up any emotions! We still have 2 more weeks to go! I look forward to all the upcoming celebrations next week. And I definitely look forward to seeing you at the ES Spring Concert, Portfolio Celebration, and 1st Grade Pool Party. See you around! = ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment